A shocking incident occurred in DeLeon Springs, Florida, when Veronica Cline, 29, was arrested for allegedly spiking a man’s drink with Raid roach spray.
The victim, who has not been identified, was taken to the hospital after experiencing severe sickness. He told police that he had been drinking with Cline at a bar, and she had asked him to continue drinking with her at her home. After two drinks, he began feeling ill and was informed by Cline that she had added roach spray to his drinks.
Watch the video here: https://fb.watch/mARr0Qhjtx/
The victim was able to call for help after vomiting for about 30 minutes. A K-9 team later tracked down Cline in a wooded area, where she was taken into custody.
Cline is now facing a charge of poisoning food or drink, which is a felony in Florida. She could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
This alarming incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of vigilance and caution in personal interactions. When you are drinking with someone you don’t know well, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and to never leave your drink unattended.
Tips to Protect Yourself from Drink Spiking:
- Always watch your drink being poured. Don’t accept drinks that came already poured.
- Don’t take drinks from strangers.
- Use a universal straw lid to protect your drink.
- If you are a parent, talk to your children about drink spiking.
- If you think your drink has been spiked, don’t drink it. Tell a trusted friend or family member, go to the nearest hospital or emergency room, and report the incident to the police.
Additional Tips to Stay Safe on a Night Out:
- Go out with friends.
- Stick to well-lit areas.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Trust your gut feeling.
- If you feel unsafe, don’t hesitate to ask for help. You can always call a cab or ask a friend to walk you home.
Drink spiking is a serious crime, and awareness is key to prevention. I hope this blog post helps to raise awareness of the dangers of drink spiking and provides some tips on how to stay safe.